What you will need
- Helmet - light, comfortable, airy and cool these days, we recommend wearing one for every ride.
- Lock - you don't want to lose your pride and joy.
- Lights - Be seen and be safe.
- Rack - Use the rack to carry things, fit bags or a child seat to it.
- Bags - If you are travelling by bike you may want a bag either for you back, shoulder, the front of the bike or the back, for a couple of tools of for your shopping.
- Mudguards - Stay dry
There is no bad weather - just bad clothing
- Whether it is hot, cold or wet we have the right clothing to keep you comfortable
- Shorts - come in varius options (ight weight, lycra, heavy duty, casual, lengths) but, for longer rides, a padded insert is a real benefit.
- Tops - race, baggy, cool, warm. The closer the fit the better for either keeping you warm or for keeping ypou cool and dry on hot days.
- Base layer - keeps you feeling dry, keeps you warm.
- Gloves - for protection, comfort and warmth.
- Protection - light weight wind protection to breathable water proof jackets and trousers
You and your bike need insuring.
The best place for you to get third party cycle insurance is with either the Cycle Touring Club or British Cycling.
For you bike we'd recommend trying your household insurer first then Cycleguard.
Always used a strong and secure lock