Bike Maintenance Evenings
These training sessions are open to all and start at 6:30pm on Wednesdays (see below for the topics and next dates). There is a £5 charge. You will not need your own bike but the course is hands on so you will have a go yourself.
Please call the shop to book in as spaces are limited
Punctures and making my bike more comfortable
- How to adjust your bike to make it safe, easy to use and comfortable?
- Removing the wheels, undoing the brakes, refitting the wheel(s).
- Removing the tyre, finding the puncture and cause, repairing the tube and reinflating the tyre.
Gears: set up and tuning, chain repair
15th May 6:30pm
- First steps: naming the parts
- Setting up the derailleurs and checking the chain length.
- Adjusting the gears by cable tension.
- Breaking a chain & rejoining by different methods.
Suspension bike set up and disc brakes
- An introduction into how to set up your forks and rear shock,
- How they work and can be tuned to best suit your riding and the terrain.
- How adjusting the shocks can improve your riding.
- The importance of sag and rebound
- Basic disc brake set up, care, and pad removal
- Bike set up in general.